Audition for Boston Opera Collaborative
Boston Opera Collaborative is holding auditions for the 2023-2024 Season!
- La tragédie de Carmen (all roles, performed in French)
- Whispers from the Halls: An immersive horror opera experience
- Voices of all types for our current and upcoming world premieres and new commissions
- Voices of all types for our summer concerts and outreach performances
You must either be a U.S. citizen or be authorized to work in the United States throughout the production period. BOC does not audition or cast singers who are enrolled full-time in a graduate or undergraduate program due to the frequently conflicting availability of our productions with university schedules.
BOC is dedicated to casting and supporting singers in the Boston/New England area. Applicants must be within commuting distance from Boston, MA to be considered.
Please note that all performing roles with BOC are compensated.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Deadline: July 30, 2023 @ 11:59 PM
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by clicking the button below or by clicking here.
Fees: Free! There is no application fee for this opportunity.
Prescreening Materials: Required materials for all artists include a headshot, résumé, and links to two unedited, live video recordings.
Applicants will be notified by August 2, 2023 via email as to whether or not an audition has been granted.
- 4 selections in contrasting styles and languages. Must include at least 2 arias.
- Reading of a small passage of French from La tragédie de Carmen (note: the passage does not need to be memorized and is for the panel to get an understanding of your spoken French)
- To view the passage, please click here
An accompanist will be provided, but you may bring your own pianist if you prefer. We will not be able to arrange pre-audition rehearsals with the company pianist.